The Society of International Music Artists is offering a wonderful opportunity to piano students studying classical music. Scholarships will be awarded for first, second and third prizes in the amount of $1000, $500 and $250 respectively.
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements and are selected by the Society of International Music Artists Committee. Completed application and application processing fee of $35.00 are due by July 30, 2018. Auditions for scholarship will begin October 21, 2018 and extend to October 21, 22, 23 as necessary. Location for auditions is 8155 Annsbury, Ste. 102, Shelby Twp., MI 48316.
A Student MUST
- Be between the ages of 12 and 25
- Have a cumulative grade point average exceeding 2.5 or the equivalent
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Provide documentation of musical study, school, teacher, or post secondary
education acceptance to technical, vocational institution of music
- Complete and return the official scholarship application no later than July 30, 2018
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or school administrator or home school status
The following works in four different periods, not to exceed 20 minutes in total length for all four works together
- Baroque – 5 minutes
- Classic – 5-8 minutes
- Romantic – 2-5 minutes
- Contemporary (20th Century) – 2-5 minutes
You will be contacted for an audition date based on your submission qualifications, completed application
and essay explaining your reason for wanting to receive scholarship award. Scholarship awards can be
used to purchase lessons, master classes, purchase instrument, pay tuition or buy books and scores.